Monday, May 25, 2009

Mama got a brand new ride


Beautiful!!!




Madi "driving"


Us on Saturday just before leaving Barkley GMC






I am so excited...I got my new 2009 GMC Acadia on Saturday. It is awesome. It is diamond white tricoat with black leather interior. I was really happy to get it because I thought that it would still be a couple of months before I got it. On Friday I went and got a wonderful Mother's Day massage at Spa Belle La Vie. Then Kirk took me to lunch at Olive Garden and out to look at cars. I knew that I really wanted an Acadia, but we wanted to explore other options too so we also looked at the tahoes and yukons. I liked those cars too, but hated the fact that the 3rd row would not lie completely flat. We went in and talked numbers with the 2 GMC salesmen, Daryl and Philip and they got the price to what we wanted. I must say my husband is great at getting a deal! :) Kirk called them back on Friday night and my new car, who I have named Kay, got here on Saturday around lunch time. They had to get it from Culman. I was so excited I didn;t sleep much on Friday night. Much to Kirk's dismay he didn't get much sleep either because I wanted to talk about my new car. Her 1st road trip was to Toomsuba for the 125th year celebration at Mom and Papa's church. We had a good time and even enjoyed a date night on Saturday night thanks to Gigi and Gramps watching Madi. Kaye got her 1st bath Sunday night and she is so pretty and shiny. I love all the space and the safety of my new car. Madi and Bella like the new car too. Bella got a good bath on Sat. before she was allowed in it, and another bath on Sun. before we came home:). She loved having lots of room in the back with the 3rd row down.
Madi is doing great. Still getting into everything. I put bite protectors on the top of her bed since she likes to chew on it. She is down for her morning nap now. Kirk, Madi, Bella and I went on a good long walk this morning and she has been playing hard. Her new favorite word is Mama and she says it over and over!

No comments: