Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another fun weekend


Giddy-up


Playing with Bowen and Ella...tired babies


Play ball


Now this is tired...napping on the quad


Attacking Big AL




Me and Kirk

Me, Bree, Gloria, Steph and Andrea


No telling what Steph was telling her...this was after Stephanie woke her up to play

Madi and I got to have a good fun week. We played, went to the gym and went to storytime at the library. This past weekend was busy, but was lots of fun too. My old college roommates and friends all got together this weekend. We had lunch at O'Carrs and icecream at Mountain Brook Creamery with Bree Holland, Stephanie Coleman and Lindsey Miller. Then Steph and I shopped until dinnertime when we met back up with everyone at Cajun Steamer's. Dinner wasn't that great, but we had fun visiting. Andrea and David Snyder, Gloria Vargas and Matt, and Josh Holland also joined us for dinner. Sweet Kirk picked Madi up at school and kept hers so I could have a peaceful dinner. I think they had lots of fun. Kirk said they ate icecream and blew bubbles. She has him wrapped around her little finger.
Saturday we took Madi out to tailgate with everyone. She loved it. She waved at people and went to visit all the neighboring tailgate sites. Her favorite thing was the inflatable big AL. She kept running over to it and she even tackled it a few times. It was pretty funny. She took about an hour and 1/2 nap on the quad in her running stroller. Saturday night we went to a Halloween Party at Brad and Leah Farley's. They had a blow up bouncy that Madi played in for a while. Kirk said that she tackled a little boy b/c he wouldn't get out of her way. She had a great time except for the hayride. Kirk said she cried for most of the ride.
Sunday we went to church then went to Toomsuba to suprise Gigi and Gramps. Everyone was having lunch at Granny Smith's to visit with Gus who was on a day trip from basic training. Everyone was so glad to get to play with Madi. We even got to go visit Mom and Papa.
Monday Madi and I stayed home to recuperate from the busy weekend. She took a 3 hour nap. The only time we left the house was to go to the park. Last night she slept almost 14 hours and today we went to storytime, to the gym, on a long walk at Riverwalk with Angie and Reagan, to get icecream at TCBY and then to the playground. She was ready for bed by 6. I love getting to spend days like this with her. So often I get wrapped up in cleaning, etc...but today I was able to just enjoy Madi. Housework can wait!

No comments: