Madison slept 6 hours, nursed and then slept 3 more on Monday night. I kept waking up to check on her. She normally wakes up every 3 to 3 1/2 hours, nurses then goes right back to sleep. We are starting to get in our own little routine. She and Bella both really enjoy our daily walks.
Madi was 3 weeks old on July 24. Her umbilical cord is still hanging on tight so we had to go back to the doctor to get some more silver nitrate put on the cord. The silver nitrate helps dry up the cord--it also stains everything that it touches. The nurse somehow managed to get it on my hand and it won't come off. Madi did really well at the doctor's office. She now weighs 9 lbs 9 oz. My Papa said I need to start her on skim milk :). I am just so thankful that she is so healthy and that she is doing so well with breastfeeding.
Thursday night I had to go to daycare open house. I met Madi's 3 teachers and met some of the other parents in the class. I really do NOT want to send her to daycare, but her teachers seemed really nice and everyone says that the baby class is wonderful and that she will be spoiled rotten.
Friday night Kirk and I went to dinner with some friends and their 2 children (a 1 yr old and 3 yr old) at Jalopenos. This was Madi's 1st time to go out to dinner and she did wonderful. She woke up during dinner and sat in my lap and looked around. She did not cry at all. We were so proud. We are so blessed to have such a healthy happy baby!




No comments:
Post a Comment