




Madison is doing really well. She is a very sweet and happy baby. Friday night, Kirk and I had a nice dinner then went out for a little shopping. Madison slept the whole time. Saturday, Gigi brought Mom and Papa Coker and great Aunt Charla to visit Madi. It was such a wonderful blessing to see Papa holding Madi. When Papa had his brain surgery back in January he kept telling all of the nurses and doctors that he had to get better so he could spoil his great grandbaby. It really gave Papa something to look forward to. On Saturday, he got to hold his special great grandchild. The look of pride in his eyes was priceless. He sat in the rocker and talked to her and loved on her. God is so good that he has allowed Papa to be able to spend time with Madi. Madi was born on Mom and Papa's 48th wedding anniversary and he was at the hospital briefly when she was born. He had come to see the brain tumor specialist that day and got to come by St. Vincent's just long enough to see Madi. She wasn't even cleaned up when he got to see her.
Saturday night, Kirk and I took Madi to meet her future boyfriend Bowen. Bowen Harris Woods was born on July 3 also. His mom and dad are Lindsey and Clint Woods. Lindsey was a college roommate and she and I have the same June 25 birthday. We think that it is really neat that the babies also have the same birthday. Madi and Bowen spent most of the visit sleeping. Madi did wake up long enough to want to eat :)
Sunday afternoon, Kirk watched Madi for the first time by himself while I ran to CVS to take care of some pictures. He called me as soon as I got there to tell me she was pitching a royal fit! Once he gave her the paci she settled down and by the time I got back home she was happy as could be sitting in her Daddy's lap. Kirk is such a good Daddy! He is going to spoil her rotten.
2 comments:
Madi is so cute!! I can't wait to hold her next week!--Love, Great Auntie Alison
We appreciate the pictures and enjoyed our visit with Miss Madi. She is a beauty!! One day she will be either Miss Alabama or Miss Mississippi! We think we are becoming obnoxious to friends because we brag on Madi so much. We can't wait to see her again.--Love Papa & Mom
Post a Comment